I am pretty sure that many of us have Spellbinder dyes and if not then we have similar dyes that will work in the same way. If the dye has open space in it then you can stencil with it. So your challenge is pick a dye and stencil or reverse stencil or do both. If you feel very creative then find a use for an embossing folder in your project as well. So dust off those cuttlebugs and let those creative juices flow.
I'm not totally clear on the stencil part - do you mean the kind of stencils that are cut out and you colour them in? I'm not even sure I have one - I have letters of the alphabet but that's about it. Do you have a sample of what you mean? I do have brass stencils that I used to emboss over a light box.
These two videos are not done with a cuttlebug but they can be. The first one is on stenciling and the second is reverse stenciling.
It may be a little messy but that is half the fun. If your still stuck let me know.
Hi Margaret - WOW, how cool is that!! I have never seen that before - didn't realize you meant to actually stencil with the die you are using ......great challenge. Will get to it in a couple days. Thanks for showing me what you meant.
Your most welcome my dear. It really is fun and it will get your creative juices flowing.
I do not have the Spellbinders machine but do have the Cuttle bug and I dont know why but the embossing finally clicked with the rubber mats... using the Spellbinders dies. What a great idea!
Well, I don't have any dies that most the pieces don't fall out after they are cut (lol). I was bound and bent to try this anyway. So, I used a die, inked the parts showing through after cut, yes, they all fell out and I glued them back in (had to make a backing sheet to hold them all together) lol. On the second one, I inked the die, proceeded to cut it out and yes, again, the pieces all fell out and I did my glueing job again. I do not have the proper ink and it is sort of messy looking but I adhered my graphics to a card anyway (which I won't use but keep for an idea) - sorry for the mess on the silver bell, that's the one I inked the die. I added some bling & even a sentiment to make it look like I tried (lol). I quite like the two together and the difference in them. I've never attached a pic here but will try as I don't really want it in my folder.
I feel so bad that this challenge turned into more of a battle with paper then just a fun challenge. Even though you had problems with it I am happy that you tried it. Looks good and the silver gives it an antique aged look. Have had a crazy week but I am determined that I will get mine done.
I love the look of the bells!
With a missing mojo this card took a lot longer then it should have. It was a battle but I won because I got my card finished. You can view it here:
I used a frame cannot wait to make a card with it! Off to find another challenge to use my new frame with the technique! I will come back and post pictures!
Looks like your Cuttlebug is getting a real good workout. Thanks for playing.