Looking for a quick and easy way to jazz up any project with glitter? Go grab your glitters, adhesive sheets and a few stickers and I’ll show you a fun technique to add glitter to your project!
1. Cut piece of adhesive sheet to fit on the front of a card. Peel back some of the adhesive backing sheet and carefully position it on the card front. Peel back the rest of the backing sheet as you adhere the sheet to the card front. Keeping the backing sheet on as you go helps prevents wrinkles and mistakes. DON’T throw away your backing sheet. You’ll use this later.
2. Carefully adhere your stickers on to the adhesive. Once you stick it down, it is pretty much stuck there so be careful about placement. Be careful about touching the adhesive. When all the stickers are in position, place the backing sheet back down and rub the stickers down well.
3. After you have all your stickers in place, pour glitter over the adhesive sheet. You can use only one color or you can add a variety of colors. In my sample, I added horizontal bands of color with the glitter.
4. Use a large paintbrush to burnish the glitter down and remove the extra glitter.
5. Add your stamped image, some bling and a bow. You have a glittered card that’s sparkle and shine is sure to impress your recipient!
supplies used: stamps (Stampendous Cling Mermaid Kiddo CRP164, Stampendous Happy Messages SSC109), glitter (Stampendous Blue UltraFine Glitter, Stampendous Western Blue Jewel Glitter & Stampendous Mint Green Pearl Glitter), adhesive (ThermoWeb Adhesive Sheets), stickers (Stampendous Scrollwork Border Class A Peel), ink (Memento), coloring medium (Copics, Clearsnap Smooch Illuminate), bling (Creative Impressions), pattern paper (Clever Handmade Sticker Tape), ribbon (May Arts)
VARIATION: Instead of stickers, try adding diecuts to the adhesive sheets!